Roof Access System
For those who work in challenging situations which require working on a roof, roof access systems can help make it easier. It is handy especially in circumstances which requires carrying out maintenance work on an especially fragile roof.
The main reason why these systems are installed is to shorten the duration of time it requires to carry out repair and damages to the roof or to carry out maintenance work on commercial buildings.
Types of Roof Access systems
The following are a few types of roof access systems. These include
Broad walk roof access systems
- The load is spread out on support batons
- It’s an open mesh walk way which makes it easier to access roofs with ridges
- These kind of systems are portable, easy to use and light weight thus making them an ideal choice for roofs which are quite fragile
Easy Roof Walk systems
- Especially designed for industrial roofs which are fragile
- It’s a rolling platform which is mounted on two tracks and it is easy to climb up and down on it thus making it easier to complete any maintenance or building work on time.
Valley Walk systems
- It consists on a mobile walking frame, but is suitable for only one or two people at the same time
- It can allow people to move over valley gutters and it also provides an easily mobile roof cover
- The outriggers are covered with a wire mesh which makes it easy to use and allow access to especially tricky areas
- It can even be used on asymmetrical designs like the northern lights
Things to keep in mind when purchasing Roof walk systems
With the help from the above mentioned information you can easily decipher which roof walking system would be ideal for your employees. However, make sure you keep the following information in mind.
- Make sure you buy a system which is made of galvanized steel or other sturdy weather resistant materials. This would allow you to use it for a longer period of time
- Always prefer quality over budget. In fact consider buying these systems as a one-time investment. If you buy a quality product you know you can use it for a long time because it won’t corrode or be destroyed by the elements.
- Keep in mind that you would be using these access systems for carrying out regular maintenance work on commercial buildings. Investing in an easy to use and portable system would allow you to transport it from one place to another easily.
- Your worker’s safety should be the first thing in your mind. So make sure that you buy quality product which provides them with maximum safety and security. When they feel safe they would be able to work more comfortably and any work which is carried out is done in almost half the time. This in turn help save up on labor costs as well.
Using a roof walk way system can help cut down your work time in half, help speed up your employees and in turn help them become more productive. So what are you waiting for? Make sure you install roof walk way systems designed by a Melbourne business.